Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Removing Late Payments

Removing late payments from your credit report is not rocket science. In the past most people would just wait the 4 to 7 years or even 10 years for the negative mark to drop off their credit report. In the here and now society we want things fast, or relatively fast. I recommend using this letter if the payment was late more then a calendar year ago. This is a letter that I cut, pasted, modified, re-wrote and made my own. Their are thousands of these free letter templates on-line, but this is the one that has worked for me in the past, many times, with the exception of Chase Bank.


Date

Name
Address
Sandy, UT 84092

Capital One Bank
PO Box 30281
Salt Lake City, UT 84130

Late Payment removal request regarding account #Account Number****

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been a loyal customer of Capital One for the last 10 years, and love the services that you provide. Your customer service team is top class, so much so, I recommend Capital One to all my friends and family.

I am so ashamed that I lost track of my finances in the past. I recently pulled my credit report and I noticed I made a late payment in August of 2009. I fully respect my obligations to Capital One and have always worked hard on upholding my end of our relationship. With a brief look at my account you will notice that I have only made one late payment it the last 4 years. 

I have started taking the steps to become a home owner, and it has come to my attention that this one late payment with Capital One may negatively affect my chances of reaching my dreams. 

I truly believe in your company and plan to continue my line of credit with Capital One for many years to come. In my commitment to your company, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by reversing the late payment as reported on the three major credit bureau files (Experian, Transunion, and Equifax.) I sincerely hope that Capital One believes in their customers, as I humbly request that your consideration to allow me to pursue my dreams of home ownership. I appreciate your time and look forward to a favorable decision soon.

Sincerely,




Name
Date of Birth
Social Security Number

No comments:

Post a Comment