Friday, March 29, 2013

DIY Powder Laundry Soap

So,  I decided to try some DIY powder laundry soap. I didn't want to make liquid because I prefer the powder kind. I looked through Pinterest a few times checked a few blogs and I decided take a little of everything and make my own. I wanted it to be sent free, with super cleaning power. This is what I came up with.

3 1/2 cups Borax
1 Graded Fels-Naptha Bar
2 1/3 cup Arm in Hammer Washing Soda
1/2 cup Baking soda

I graded the Fels-Naptha bar then added the rest of the ingredients, and mixed. I plan on using about 2 to 3 tablespoons depending on what dirtiness of the Mountain Man's cloths.

It took me about 10 minutes to make!


Cost is around $4
Loads about 60
Cost per load about $.07
Costco price per load about $.19











No comments:

Post a Comment