Friday, March 22, 2013

The Best Newspaper Seed Starters

I'm always working on simplifying my life, up cycling, saving money, while still enjoying the things that I love to do. I have a really hard time spending money on thing with a very short life span. With a mission to build our dream home. I have been cutting every penny possible. I came across a newspaper seed starter, a lightbulb went off in my head. Hay, I could do that. Well as we all know not everything on the Internet really is like it appears.

So this first box that I made was the one I made from Pinterest. I followed the super sh***y instructions and no less the 20 minutes later, after searching google to figure it out. I made the what my 4 yr old thought was a paper airplane...

While searching to find how to make a paper box, I came across the second box I built on wiki, it took only a few minutes to make but if I plan on making a hundred of these babies it's not going to happen. To top it off after trying a few different times I was never able to change the size of the box with ease.

I finally turned to the guru of gardening Mavis at www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com and tried her potters. Before I made one I was quite concerned that they were not going to stand up to being wet, but I think my mind has been changed by how easy they are to make. My little boy thought it was one of his favorite craft ideas yet. Score times two.


Pretty easy instructions



-Find something that is about the diameter of pots that you want. I used a spice jar
-Rip newspaper about double the height of your wanted size.
-Wrap paper around said object
-Twist the bottom and then press against a surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment